Official Rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- To enter the sweepstakes, share a public post on Twitter or Facebook using the hashtag, #UnlockLockhart. If posting on Facebook, entrants must grant access to their Facebook public profiles via the ‘Unlock Lockhart’ Facebook app using the ‘Share Now!’ button at http://unlocklockhart.com. The ‘Unlock Lockhart’ Facebook app only grants access to public information including the following: name, profile picture, age range, gender, language, country, and other public info. By entering the competition, entrants grant permission for Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”) to display their profile name and image on the ‘Muggles Gallery’ at http://unlocklockhart.com You may enter daily between 7:01 pm on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 and 11:00 am on Friday, September 23, 2016. (the “Sweepstakes Period”). One entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants must share a new post each day to be eligible for that day’s prize. Any and all entries may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his/her comment: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the comment, (b) the comment is entrant’s own creation and original work, (c) the comment will not infringe on any rights of any third parties, and (d) any third parties mentioned in the comment have given entrant appropriate consent to be included and used as permitted herein. (Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any comment that is inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and /or inappropriate language.
- Sponsor and its agencies shall not be liable for (a) telephone, electronic, program, network, Internet, or computer delays, deletions, interruptions or other failures of any kind; (b) late, lost, damaged, failed, misdirected, incomplete, garbled, unintelligible, or delayed computer messages; or (c) any human error that may occur in the processing of any entry, nor are they responsible for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes. Proof of online posting of your entry does not constitute proof of delivery. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All matters related to this Sweepstakes shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion and its decisions shall be final and binding.
- Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the United States age 13 or older as of the date of entry, except employees of Sponsor, Scholastic Inc., and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and the immediate families of each. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- One (1) winning entry will be chosen at random each day during the Sweepstakes Period at approximately 4:01 pm on September 21, 22 and 23. Sponsor will contact potential winners at that time via Twitter or Facebook. Winner must provide Sponsor with winner’s physical mailing address within 7 days of being contacted by Sponsor.
- Except where prohibited, each entrant (and in the event entrant is a minor, entrant’s parent/legal guardian) consents to the use of his/her first name, age, city and state, likeness, gender, and entry by Sponsor without further notice or compensation.
- Prize: One (1) winner each day during the Sweepstakes Period will receive a copy of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Illustrated Edition (Approximate Retail Value $39.99.) Prize is nontransferable, not returnable, and cannot be sold or redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed, except by Sponsor in event of prize unavailability in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Taxes, if any, on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering this sweepstakes, winner and all entrants agree that Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability or responsibility for injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize or participation in this sweepstakes and they will be held harmless against any claims arising directly or indirectly from the use of any prizes or participation in the sweepstakes.
- If the administration or integrity of the sweepstakes is compromised or corrupted at any time, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the sweepstakes. Sponsor and the Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from entering the sweepstakes. By entering the sweepstakes, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes.
- To obtain a winner’s list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by November 18, 2016 to: Chamber of Secrets Illustrated Edition Sweepstakes, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012.
- Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012